Academic Peer Learning is a network to support the community of practice focused on diverse academic peer learning.
Their aim is:
- Empower and engage the students we work with to make a sustained, positive
- impact through their academic peer learning practice
- Raise the profile of academic peer learning, including contributing to national and international developments in the field of academic peer learning.
- Increase Institutional recognition and staff engagement in academic peer learning
- Develop Special Interest Group (SIG) which focus on building and sharing expertise in specific areas of academic peer learning. For example peer learning in STEM, continued professional development for those working in the field and a conferences SIG running events such as the European Forum on Academic Peer Learning.
- Encourage academic peer learning to be recognised as an area of professional practice and support the development of professional skills for those practising in the field
- Develop an online resource repository hosting a bank of best practice case studies, student and staff blogs and sharing conference and training opportunities focused around academic peer learning.
- Support the development of an evaluation toolkit to measure the impact of our practice
They have a new website: http://www.academicpeerlearning.ac.uk
Have a look.